React Js is redefining the way we develop web apps. It’s widespread popularity is growing at rapid speed. Those who have tried it, love it. Since jQuery is way easier to get started and widely used all over the web. It is a must have skill too.
In fact, currently many big jobs are out there for re-designing their frontend using React, which was previously written using jQuery. jQuery is still a great choice for small to medium size projects.
That is what I am writting about, keep reading...
- These topics on its own are huge. You should at least make yourself familier with them.
- Yes, the primitive types have properties and methods that we can use such as concat, slice or tolowercase method on Strings. Understand how and why.
- You should understand Objects in depth and patterns used to create objects such as Factory, Constructor and Prototype pattern
Understand Recursion, Closures, IIFE
Understand Window Ojbect Model (BOM) and Document Object Model (DOM)
- Understand window object, document object, their properties and methods, how the HTML doucment is represented as heirachy of nodes in DOM as well as learn to use selectors to find elements in the DOM.
Understand jQuery and AJAX
Building jQuery Projects
- Once you understand the code you write and how it works behind the scene, you should start building real projects. There is no such thing as practical experience. Build projects using jQuery and experience the real world of web development.
Understanding EcmaScript 6 - ES6
Understanding React Js
Understanding React Js Fundamentals
Building React Projects
- It's time to start building React Projects. By now you have got all the skills to start building real projects using React Js. Build projects, deploy to github, build a portfolio and start applying for jobs or whatever you are up to...
Once you have gone through this list, all you need to do is build projects after projects. You would have got all the necessary knowledge to do that.
Finally a link to my brand new Udemy course that covers all the above topics in a clear fashion, step by step.
Let me say chao with the following few lines:
As soon as you understand the core concept of a language, library or framework, start building projects. Don’t try to master it first. Developers with years of experience are still learning. It is a process that never ends. Just build and build and deploy!